Old 24-04-2007, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default sometimes you just have to vent your spleen......

On Apr 24, 1:11 am, Rein wrote:
i'm so glad i joined this group... the only reason why i decided to
be a member was to get tips on my revived interest in gardening
(planted veggies and shrubs when i was a kid and had forgotten all
about it when i went to college, graduated and had a job). i'm now
28, and i'm thankful that one day while i was on a trip, a beautiful
lantana caught my attention and flashed back all my passion and
memories on the joy of planting.

little did i know that more than gardening tips, i would get to see
lives of tender, loving and kind-hearted people like you. you are all
so sympathetic, not necessarily on gardening alone, but on the
personal lives of the members of this group. i was particularly
touched by the story of maddie, and the people who sympathized for
her.

i will definitely stay here, and learn more about how to care for
plants... but most importantly how you care for each other.

rein

On Apr 22, 9:51 am, William Rose wrote:

In article ,

Jangchub wrote:

Be glad to be who you are, those people are missing the entirety of
life's offerings.

said with love and sadness,
Veet

"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique, and a swingin' hot spot
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot . . ."

(Big Yellow Taxi, Joni Mitchell)

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

What a nice comment, Rein. I have been here for about 10 years
and find "wreck" gardens to be as you said. Everyone seems to
be able to discuss things congenially.
I garden in Northern California, way up past Sacramento (39o 43')
Have wonderful soil and a good climate. Our past winter the low
was 20o F and we haven't been that cold for several years.
Mediterranean climate: average rainfall 25 in. with no rain in the
summer months at all. Hot summers with temps over 100
for several weeks. Quite a range for plants to handle well
(and people too)!!
I enjoy mostly flowers, shrubs and any new plant I can find!!
CA natives included. I probably have over 400 species here.
About 1/3 acre.

Anybody else care to introduce themselves??
Emilie
NorCal