Old 24-04-2007, 07:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Nothing but weeds

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:32:04 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

I think you're talking about a hoe :-)

Yes, but I couldn't think of what type; now I found out, it's the
second one from the left at this website:

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/s...ubcategory=631

Some years back in uk.rec.gardening, there was a regular poster who
was unable to walk but still gardened her own flower and veg beds lying
on a thing her son made for her, like a surfboard on wheels, or a giant
skateboard. She used to lie belly down on it and scoot it along with her
hands.

My knees and hips are getting creakier so I now now use a gardeners
padded kneeling pad with two arms. I use it as shown in the pic, the
arms are great for levering myself up again. , but you can also turn it
the other way up as a higher seat. You might find one useful if they
are available over there

http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop..._334_1785f.jpg

Janet.

Yes, they do sell them here, but I cannot kneel at all on my left
knee. I put a call in to the orthopedist today to find out what the
next step is. I can't take drugs daily, and I can't take this
limitation, so I have to examine it all. I do own this:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...p?pn=100388263

Which does help a bit. I bought mine at a Lowes box store for 20
dollars. What it doesn't help with are the times when I want to line
a new bed with dry stack limestone, or lift things our of the ground
with a shovel. I can't put any pressure on my leg to get any leverage
using any foot put tool. Eh, old age is coming sooner than it should,
but I should be dead and I'm not. That is a miracle.