Old 24-04-2007, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] saketkhanna@gmail.com is offline

Default A bud gone red

All,

I'm a newbie to caring for orchids, and recently acquired my first
Phal Brother Saragold Orchid plant (a week back).

The plant came with one flower and 4 buds waiting to flower.

The larger of the 4 buds opened up immediately, that was very
rewarding.
However, the other buds haven't opened yet. They have changed their
colours slightly:
1 bud is still large and waiting to blossom.
2nd bud (medium size) has not blossomed and has a slight darkish
colour on it
3rd and smallest bud has turned reddish-orange.

I have only watered this plant once until now - and that was without
orchid food. I am currently keeping it over a glass of water to keep
it humidified.

Can you tell me if I need to do something to take care of this plant -
is it sick or doing fine?

Thank you all so much
Saket