Old 24-04-2007, 08:38 PM posted to aus.gardens
len garden len garden is offline

Default How you water in the big drought

g'day rob,

we do lots of mulching first up.

then as much as we can harvest it we use all used water from our home
in the gardens, that includes my wee bucket.

then having a substantial water tank if you are going to go the
expense might as well make it worth while will go a long way, reckon
our holding will get us through the long dry winter that seems to be
ahead.

we do all hand watering as well that way we have some idea how much is
going on and we apply it where it is needed the most, never over the
whole garden bed area.

we are still planting trees etc.,. when most others are holding off
because they have no water of their own, one lady when she heard that
i was still going ot plant thought it was going to be a futile
excercise as they would surely die in this drought, well they have not
only lived so far but have thrived, on an average each tree gets about
1/2 bucket of water a week.

at least now then our trees & shrubs are already in the ground and
settling in for when the er um big wet comes hey chuckle.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:14:52 +1200, "George.com"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev