Old 24-04-2007, 09:56 AM posted to aus.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default How you water in the big drought

"George.com" wrote in message
How are you jokers in the drought areas of Aus doing with your vege
gardens?

So far no worries but then we supply our own water and aren't subject to
urban water restrictions. We specifically bought this place because it

had
good water. Our pastures are the problem - insufficinet feed to support

the
number of cattle that we would normally in a non drought times.

What arrangements have you ockers put in place during the drought for
watering the veges?

Now careful with those "ocker" and "joker" appellations! We may call
ourselves that but it's not something we accept too well from furriners!

joker is as NZ as it is Aussie. 'Kiwi joker', 'the joker down the road',
'hurry up you jokers'. We may trade it for pavolva.

Aussie, ocker, cobber, digger, thats just part of the list we call folks
from Oz. Those are the polite ones.

rob