Old 25-04-2007, 01:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Pat Royal Pat Royal is offline

Default Snowberry Clearwings

Has anyone here heard of the critter called a Snowberry Clearwing?
Here in Tennessee they show up in June and look like, I'm not kidding
now, the coloration of a bumblebee, the tail of a lobster, and the
hovering ability of a hummingbird. They are no larger than a bumble and
lve the Abelias that are in the front yard.
I'll post the few clear pictures I have of them if you want, it's hard
to get a good clear pic of them as you have to try to anticipate where
they are going to fly ( well maybe a really good digital camera might
not have that slight delay) rather than where they are when you snap.
Pat