Old 25-04-2007, 04:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Merry Merry is offline

Default Vine type advice

Hi, Hmm, yes it will work. But keep them trimmed once they cover the
fence. I moved into a house where someone took that advice about 30
years ago - we have ivy with stems 3 in. across!! Taming it has been a
huge issue! It DOES make the yard more private though, so this advice
does work!
Colette
Courtenay, Van.Isle

Derryl Killan wrote:
Jimi wrote:

Hi Jim Get some Virginia Creepers in 1 gal pots. Plant them on 18"
centers.

Derryl Killan
Calgary

Hello,

I am new to this NG. I have a 5 Ft high page wire fence that
runs for aproximately 175 feet. I want to put in a "hardy" leafy
perenial vine that will offer some sort of privacy. What would you use
and how far would you plant them apart for maximum privacy? I live in
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Thanks for any replies.....Jim