Old 25-04-2007, 06:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Alex@home.net is offline

Default Asparagus

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:28:21 -0600, Jack Schmidling
wrote:

|If you are over 50 or like to eat asparagus, I would just eat the
|sprouts and buy serious rhizomes.

Haha - you must be expecting a short life. I'm 70. Im very happy with
the plants I've raised from seed, and hope to enjoy raising more. To
each his/her own, I guess.

| It is a waste of good asparagus to freeze it.

We consider it a waste to do anything other than eat it raw. Can't
imagine what it would be like after freezing then thawing. Yuk. But to
each his/her own.

So what do you know about dividing and/or moving mature plants?