Old 25-04-2007, 06:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default Where should I plant Mugwort?

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:28:34 -0500, kate wrote:

EvilGoddessFragileWarrior wrote:
I have a whole tray of Mugwort to plant -- where should I put it? I know
it grows tall and that's not a problem, but I sometimes let my horses near
my gardens -- is it a problem that they might eat it?

Part shade? All sun? East, West, South or North? Any recommendations?
There's nowhere I can plant it that I don't really care if it takes over
but what will be the best place for it?

I'm in TN and mine is in partial sun facing south with it's back to
honeysuckle. It's come back every year but it hasn't spread.

Another use that others haven't mentioned is to use it as a dream
enhancer - I've made dream pillows using it.

Kate

With all due respect, herbs can be extremely dangerous. I suggest
anyone thinking of using herbs for any reason, ingestion, smelling,
burning, eating, drinking the tea of, etc. needs to vigilantly
research all the implications invloved. Sometimes herbs oils can be
volitile and even effect your health systemically through skin. Just
be careful.

With all due respect, some people are very sensitive. The least little
artificial compound or odd protein can have catastrophic results for
some people but many plants have been used as medicines long before
modern pharmaceutical made their appearance. For sure, be careful, check
out what you are ingesting and start small, but don't be paranoid. Long
before Merck, and Pfizer, mother nature provided our pharmaceutical
needs. It doesn't have to come in a bottle to be good for you.
- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)