Old 25-04-2007, 11:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Work, Work, Work

Ann said:

"Hud" expounded:

Thankfully, deer won't be a problem (6' high privacy fence). However
I'm thinking about buying either a chicken wire fence or rabbit fencing to
deal with rabbits. I just worry about them digging to go under it. Has
anyone here used the rabbit fencing? How'd it work?

Deer will laugh at a 6' fence.

A privacy fence, though. I was under the impression they were reluctuant
to jump over a fence where they weren't sure of the other side. I know
they can go over 6 or more feet of wire fence.

As for rabbits, a rabbit fence is pretty good protection. I inch hex mesh
(chicken wire) at least 18" sticking up and 6" bent out (or buried) set
along the bottom of any other type of fence works, too.

Groundhogs are a whole different story.

(attributed to Don Marti)