Old 25-04-2007, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Unknown Veg

In message .com, Dave
Hill writes
This year I bought a Veg from a market stall in Malta, it is in the
marrow family. I think a friend called it the 100 year fruit? but I
wont swear to this.
The stall I bought it of spoke no English, and the Maltese name name
for it just went in one ear and out the other..
http://www.twango.com/channel/Taffy4u2.Unknown

When I bought it it had young shoots growing from the stalk end.
The fruit is very dense and a heavily pitted surface.

Also on site it a pic of a pink flower. These were bought as seed of a
supposed Solanium, it is not, the plants have been inside a cold poly
tunnel and they died back to the ground for the winter,
Any ideas?

Try Phytolacca (pokewood).

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries