Old 25-04-2007, 06:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default My day in the garden Or the newest don't try this at home

In article ,
Ann wrote:

William Rose expounded:

And over here we have July and a spectacular looking garden and a
gorgeous display of roses. Bravo. It looks so natural.

You have a glorious display of multiflora roses? You have an odd
taste in roses!

You do realize those are the invasive nondescript small white flowered
type that take over fields and trees. They should be removed and
destroyed before they make more of a mess somewhere else.

Hmmm. How do I get out of this one? OK. My bad. Strike the "gorgeous
display of multiflora roses" and we're back in business. You still have
the spectacular looking garden. K? Or was this a pasture you were
thinning out? Look on the brighter side. With a pot of boiling water,
you can at least make yourself a nice tisane of rose hips to sip on
while you are getting sliced an' diced:-) The flowers certainly look
respectable enough.

Around here the vegetative equivalent would be brambles. I finally
cleared all mine out. Now I have to sneak into the horse pasture to pick
my blackberries:-( I have it on good authority, that they taste better
that way.

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)