Old 25-04-2007, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default asparagus

On 25/4/07 15:12, in article ,
"The Reid" wrote:

I think the cutting season is something like may 1st for six weeks.
I've been cutting if for over a week already, will it be best to stop
early at the end of the season?

What about spindly growth, cut and discard or leave in place?

I've never grown sparrers but isn't that sort of growth called sprue? I
don't know if it comes at the end of the growing season or from young
plants, though. It will be interesting to find out from someone who does
know about it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk