Old 28-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Rod

Default Small weeping trees

Seeing Janet's post about her poorly Kilmarnock willow made me think it's time to give another plug for my favourite
small weeping tree. Prunus incisa 'Pendula' in flower now pink in bud and just perceptibly pink when fully open. A
proper weeping tree shape - not an umbrella. Not sure about ultimate size but most P. incisa clones are quite small so
I'd guess around 3 metres max height and about 2 - 2.5 spread. You could experiment with training the leader vertical if
you needed more height but the main thing is it's unlikely to outgrow its welcome even in the smallest garden and is the
daintiest small weeping tree I know. Not easy to find I think I got the last one from Bridgmere last week. We have one
that's been in a couple of years now and it's a real joy atm.

Rod