Old 25-04-2007, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default My day in the garden Or the newest don't try this at home

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

On 4/24/07 9:26 PM, in article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

Grab my salt scrub and lather it onto my arms.

OH - PAIN, ouch, ouch. The juniper (remember the juniper) has left its usual
gift of million of little cuts....
Salt - open cuts, WHAT WAS I THINKING!

Achy-waa-waa! I can feel that from here! ) Sounds like the day I
did battle with those damned multiflora roses from hell......my legs
looked like I'd gone through a meat grinder. Felt like it, too (

Personally, I think the juniper might be worse then the rose. I've battled
both, but the you can see where to place the pruners with the rose.

Cheryl

Not to quibble, Cheryl, but have you ever tangled with a 30' diameter,
15' tall multiflora rose that's twining itself into a maple tree? The
upper branches were at least 30' long crawling up through the foliage.
Trust me, you may be able to see where to put the pruner, but you have
no idea where the branch is going to whip you as it comes down (
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts