Old 26-04-2007, 01:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Aussie environment destruction

"0tterbot" wrote in message news:w2HXh.23847

and quite frankly, i couldn't care less if people come across like commie
pinkos anyway. which isn't to say that you did. the mainstream is
extraordinarily broad.

I also didn't think he came across as a commie pinko just someone who
thought about the issues, but if he'd been posting in an American dominated
group he probably would have.

I post regularly in misc.rural which IS dominated very much by Americans (I
often wonder why so many of them don't seem to be able to think beyond their
own borders - dumb questions or comments keep apearring there that show how
limited many Yanks world view is - they seem to think that they are the only
ones who have access to this world wide online community - but I digress).

I've been accused of being a left wing pinko in misc.rural more times than
I've had a hot dinner. If I wrote or said the same think either here or in
any group in Oz it wouldn't even raise a flicker of comment about my
political affiliations. To Yanks it would seem I do appear to be a raging
leftie, but to any others in the western world I'd be middle of the road
(which my voting history of everything from Country Party to Labor [and not
in a linear fashion, but in a swinging voter fashion] would indicate to
anyone with half a brain).

I find many Yanks to be very exasperating.