Old 25-04-2007, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Christine in Devon

On 25/4/07 23:18, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip
I thought very highly of her for
making a personal farewell and thank you. She was just so 'unfussy' and
as
I think this group has thought of her, genuine about her love of plants.
We
were very glad to see that she was doing straightforward gardening
presenting, too and just being herself! I hope there's a LOT more of that
in the pipeline for her.

So do I, because the Christine and Reg "banter" drives me nuts, I can't
watch. Last week when they were doing the onions etc for the show was
particularly excruciating. I'll watch the new series though, and look out
for Sacha and Ray. Although my limited experience of TV tells me we'll not
have to blink.

How's Ray's hand after the dog bite BTW?

Steve

I don't think there'll be any Reg and Christine banter in this and we feel
just as you do about that. IRL, she's a real plantswoman with an impressive
CV and we feel/hope this programme will let that come across properly. She
knows her stuff, no doubt about it but she doesn't make a big fuss of it,
either. As they spent just the morning here from 0830 to 1230 I should
think we might get ten seconds of TV time. ;-) Look out for Ray, not me.
I was in the background taking our own photos for the family album. ;-)
I know the series starts in August but no idea when we'll be on. Never
having met her before, she just struck me as totally professional both for
the TV crew and as to the plants and absolutely her true self. Thoroughly
nice woman.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk