Old 26-04-2007, 03:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
GarlandGrower GarlandGrower is offline

Default Lasagna Gardening--yummy

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "GarlandGrower" contains these words:

Has anyone heard of this book or this method?? I wonder what your
thoughts
are? As I get older, contemplating the massive amount of work that
gardens
require made me a little sad that I might not be able to always do
everything I wanted to do, so I bought this book. It's a lazy man's
garden
as far as ammending the soil,

No, it's not lazy :-). I've used a variant for many years, (my emtire
current garden was made that way) and can assure you that the energey
saved by not digging, is still required to fetch and spread the vast
amount of material required to first make the beds and then keep topping
them up.

Wow, that's quite an endeavor.....I imagine I will not be doing it on such a
large scale. I know the lugging and spreading is hard work, but I think the
main point of the lady's book is to make things a little easier....and that
is what I was hoping for....
By cardcartons I assume you mean cardboard boxes? I was going to use old
newspaper from the recycling place for the first layer to keep back the
grass, but if I can use cardboard boxes, that will save lugging all the
newspaper...
Thanks