Old 26-04-2007, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Sticky pots, or should I say bags!

I was perfectly minding my own business when I was doing some shopping
at the China supporting crap hole and I saw this woman with a cart
loaded with Asian lily bulbs. Originally 8 dollars, now SEVENTY FIVE
CENTS! I ran out there to the garden center, the knee all of a sudden
didn't hurt as much, and I saw this throng of grabbers and got in
there and bought about ten bags of things, Asian lilies, liatris,
Louisiana iris, etc. Okay, actually much more than ten bags, but in
case my husband is lurking we'll say ten...

Anyway, now that I have them where am I ever going to plant them? I
have a garden which encompasses a half acre and I have totally run out
of room; but when I get home tomorrow from my MRI I plan to get the
giant umbrella out which has a place on my garden cart (put there by
using tie wraps and some PVC pipe), put Mika Bird (our Hahn's Macaw)
into her outside cage, hang her on her traveling shepherd's hook, and
take out whatever is left of a teeny piece of St. Augustine which is
in the sun and plant my tubers and bulbs.

Every year I swear I am not going to put anything new in.
Every year I put new things in. I surrender.

I am a plantaholic and my life has become unmanageable.
I believe I can and will be restored to sanity.
I have turned my will over to however my knee feels on the day I want
to garden.
I will take a moral inventory of all the money I've spent and didn't
tell Mark.
I will share it with someone other than Mark.

I'm not ready for the rest, but I've done all 12 many times, at
different levels of sobriety, and have stayed sober for 24 years~

Carry on.

said with excruciating love of gardening and fellow garden addicts,
Victoria