Old 26-04-2007, 04:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Merry Merry is offline

Default herbs being dangerous

Jangchub wrote:

Okay, so to reiterate my question; did my definition go along with the
debate we were having? Actually, I wasn't debating, I was reporting a
fact. A fact that says because someone on Usenet says it's so,
doesn't mean it's so. Because it is on a website which says it's so,
doesn't meant it's so. Use of any herb, whether medicinal or culinary
should be researched before hand.

I gave an example of a young man who heard he could trip on datura
seeds. And no, he was ignorant to any potential harm it could cause
and now he is catatonic for (most likely) the rest of his life at the
age of 17. I was told in a very spiteful way he must have known. He
didn't know. Many teenagers don't know and this is a very low
reported phenomena ongoing in the US. New Jersey, of all places, has
a huge outbreak of Datura seed use, Ipomoea seed use and Brugmansia
use to get high and halucinate. Gone are the days where orange
sunshine didn't kill you.

I think the statement "Actually, I wasn't debating, .." says it all. I
am not questioning what you were saying. I was just wondering where you
were coming from.
Merry