Old 26-04-2007, 03:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Aussie environment destruction

FarmI wrote:
"0tterbot" wrote in message news:w2HXh.23847

and quite frankly, i couldn't care less if people come across like commie
pinkos anyway. which isn't to say that you did. the mainstream is
extraordinarily broad.

I also didn't think he came across as a commie pinko just someone who
thought about the issues, but if he'd been posting in an American dominated
group he probably would have.

I post regularly in misc.rural which IS dominated very much by Americans (I
often wonder why so many of them don't seem to be able to think beyond their
own borders - dumb questions or comments keep apearring there that show how
limited many Yanks world view is - they seem to think that they are the only
ones who have access to this world wide online community - but I digress).

I've been accused of being a left wing pinko in misc.rural more times than
I've had a hot dinner. If I wrote or said the same think either here or in
any group in Oz it wouldn't even raise a flicker of comment about my
political affiliations. To Yanks it would seem I do appear to be a raging
leftie, but to any others in the western world I'd be middle of the road
(which my voting history of everything from Country Party to Labor [and not
in a linear fashion, but in a swinging voter fashion] would indicate to
anyone with half a brain).

I find many Yanks to be very exasperating.

Youre my kind of thinking.
I cant stand anyone voting blindly for one party. You have to change the
bed linen too as its gets soiled. Same with the political parties.
I vote on issues if theyre are real issues.
Bugger the parties involved.
But only if they have a credible attitude.
I cant vote for the transparent policy of bracks for instance.
He's anything but that.
Howards is semitransparent and we have yet to see if Rudd can make the
transparent grade.
In the end it is all whatever deals they can strike with big business to
support them.
It should be otherwise though.
No big business no Corporations but the people who are the issue.