Old 26-04-2007, 11:16 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Aussie environment destruction

"Jonno" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:

I also didn't think he came across as a commie pinko just someone who
thought about the issues, but if he'd been posting in an American
dominated group he probably would have.

I post regularly in misc.rural which IS dominated very much by Americans
(I often wonder why so many of them don't seem to be able to think beyond
their own borders - dumb questions or comments keep apearring there that
show how limited many Yanks world view is - they seem to think that they
are the only ones who have access to this world wide online community -
but I digress).

I've been accused of being a left wing pinko in misc.rural more times
than I've had a hot dinner. If I wrote or said the same think either
here or in any group in Oz it wouldn't even raise a flicker of comment
about my political affiliations. To Yanks it would seem I do appear to
be a raging leftie, but to any others in the western world I'd be middle
of the road (which my voting history of everything from Country Party to
Labor [and not in a linear fashion, but in a swinging voter fashion]
would indicate to anyone with half a brain).

I find many Yanks to be very exasperating.

Youre my kind of thinking.
I cant stand anyone voting blindly for one party. You have to change the
bed linen too as its gets soiled. Same with the political parties.

Yup. I also think that they start to stink after a couple of terms.
Regardless of which party is in power, they start to get arrogant in the
extreme.

I vote on issues if theyre are real issues.
Bugger the parties involved.
But only if they have a credible attitude.
I cant vote for the transparent policy of bracks for instance.

I don't know enough about him to comment. I would comment if you were
writing about Iemma. If the Libs hadn't self destructed in NSW, there is no
way that Laborr should have got back in NSW based on their performance in
the last 5+ years.

He's anything but that.
Howards is semitransparent

Ummmmmm. No he isn't. And I say that in very big capital letters. He IS a
brilliant politician but that is not a compliment. He is able to fool more
people for more of the time than any other politician has managed to do
since Federation. He has also managed to very effectivley and very
deliberately, through political appointments managed to emasculate the
Public Service. The role of the PS has always, till Howard, been to give
advice to government "without fear of favour". That means that the Public
Service used to give Government bad news and try to look after the interest
of all Australians not just the few interests of the govt supporters. I
know that you probably won't believe this if you've never been in the Public
Service. People like to joke about it but having spent nearly 30 years
there, I know how it used to be and how it is now. Now, it's stuffed.

and we have yet to see if Rudd can make the
transparent grade.

Doubtful. Labor has watched and learned from the Libs and this is a truly
scumbag govt that knows and used more dirty tricks than any other govt ever
has before.

In the end it is all whatever deals they can strike with big business to
support them.
It should be otherwise though.
No big business no Corporations but the people who are the issue.

Yep. We the people are now and have been since Hawke, screwed over.