Old 26-04-2007, 12:32 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Aussie environment destruction

that's right, but can i point out: i use inputs that other people don't
WANT! (and are free as well :-)

It wasn't a criticism of what you are doing

sorry, i know it wasn't a criticism.

(we all do it - I mine my
neighbour's place for horse poos, she mines from commercial sources by
buying in horse feed - I take her unwanted stuff she buys - same, same in
effect). It was on observation on your previous observation.

it's just that i can't believe that i can get this stuff nearby, and free,
and that nobody else wants it, i guess! i can be a bit forward at times i
suppose, but i feel it's really lucky for me.

And that also applies to tip 'rubbish'. Our local tip used to be a
goldmine for the local residents.

ah, the tip. gleaner's heaven :-)

In fact there is one wonderful true story about
one of our rather large Ocker blokes (who I first met when he was dressed
up as a fairy complete with wand and pink wings - but that's another
story). He wanted to build a garage and had submitted plans to Council
which were promptly rejected because he hadn't specified what the garage
would be built from. He was outraged; "How the hell do I know what it'll
be built from" he ranted, "I haven't even been to the tip yet!".

lmao. (sounds like my house ;-) - only without going through the motions of
submitting plans or any of that malarkey g

But back to the tip, if you had something that still worked, you'd leave a
sign on it and it woud disappear quick smart, now our stupid sodding local
Council, in it's 'wisdom', has put up signs saying that no 'rubbish' can
be removed. Now we just put in orders with the tip attendant who 'saves'
to fill the orders. So, for example, it took my husband 2 weeks to have
his order of a bike pump filled.

our tip has a big "no scavenging" sign. then, come to find out, someone told
me that's just a "legal obligation", you can scrounge away to your heart's
content & they don't mind at all. tee hee.
kylie