Old 26-04-2007, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Pink called Betty Webber

On 26/4/07 08:01, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 25/4/07 20:31, in article
, "
wrote:

Has anyone heard of a Pink called a Betty Webber? this was my mothers
maiden name.
She gave me one a few years ago but it died.(sadly so has she)
I would love a cutting.
I have tried at the big gardening shows but no luck.

I think there's only one person left growing pinks in Dawlish, which used to
be a big centre for those. I'll ring her later today and ask if she still
does it, or if she knows someone who does.

I emailed Whetman & Sons and they're contacting John Whetman to see if he
knows anyone still doing this plant. Unhappily, it's not in the Plant
Finder, so I'm not optimistic, I'm afraid. It might be a good idea to find
some National Collection Holders and ask them.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk