Old 26-04-2007, 06:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Four Main Factors Causing High Cholesterol

On Apr 26, 6:40 am, Jangchub wrote:
Stop eating meat of all kinds, lower dairy intake, increase fiber and
soy and amazing things happen. I haven't eaten any meat of any kind
in years and my cholesterol combined is 145 and I'm 51.

My cholesterol was 202 with favorable ratio when I had unstable angina
and had to have a 90% blocked artery opened with stents. Besides
heart healthy diet which means all of the above, red meat (max. 4 oz.)
is restricted to twice a week, fish twice a week and rest chicken,
turkey or meatless. Low salt, low fat which means avoiding processed
meat like lunch meat and hot dogs. My diet is working and I'm losing
that belly fat which is said to be active in causing artery blockage.
Also on Lipitor.