Old 28-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Phisherman

Default Draining my garden pond

On 28 Mar 2003 07:28:01 -0800, (Brenda)
wrote:

Hi there my name is Taffy,

I have a garden pond of approx sizes of 8' x 10' which is full of
green slime. I need to drain the pond to refill it with clean water.
Has anyone got any suggestions and tips on how this can be achieved.
Please bear in mind that I am of a senior age and I don't want
anything too strenuous if possible.

Can anyone help!!
p.s. How can I prevent this from happening in the future.

There are many kinds of fish that will eat the algae, including
goldfish. If you clean it, the algae will just return. There are
algae removers you can get at an aquarium store too. Elodea
(anacharis) will compete with the algae. Algae is actually a good
sign of a healthy pond--just add the fish!