Old 26-04-2007, 06:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Sticky pots, or should I say bags!

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:40:50 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 4/25/07 11:01 PM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

I was perfectly minding my own business when I was doing some shopping
at the China supporting crap hole and I saw this woman with a cart
loaded with Asian lily bulbs. Originally 8 dollars, now SEVENTY FIVE
CENTS! I ran out there to the garden center, the knee all of a sudden
didn't hurt as much, and I saw this throng of grabbers and got in
there and bought about ten bags of things, Asian lilies, liatris,
Louisiana iris, etc. Okay, actually much more than ten bags, but in
case my husband is lurking we'll say ten...

And what gardener here wouldn't do the same. The only reason I wouldn't is
the ground is frozen!

Ah the days when I lived in the tundra! Around here we are soon
entering the "too late" category of planting. Summer blooming bulbs,
tubers, corms and rhizomes are easy to plant even in the heat, but
that's about it.

We missed the harsh storms the other night, but not too far from us
houses were blowing Dorothy about. I love everything about Austin,
but I freak out every spring with the tornado warnings (which means a
tornado was spotted).

I wouldn't move back up to New York unless someone paid me a lot of
money.