Old 26-04-2007, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Where should I plant Mugwort?

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:20:27 -0500, kate wrote:

Jangchub wrote:

I have not one idea what you are talking about. The fact is, I do
know a lot. I have been in the field of horticulture for decades. I
am retired now, but have given lectures on the dangers, and advantages
of herbs. All I did was simply say don't use herbs because someone
said an artemesia pillow helps with sleep. That is idiotic, at best.

I didn't say Mugwort helps with sleep - I said it promotes dreaming. The
caution would be that the dreams are not guaranteed to be pleasant.

Peace,

Kate

Is there a lick of evidence to support this claim? And no, I am not
talking about major scientific study, just some sort of proof. My
whold point was not to point out the artemesia, but to point out the
potential dangers of using herbs without fully researching the
potential side effects. That's all. Not rocket science and certainly
not a lecture. You weren't the one I aimed my comments to, but if it
appeared that way or if I'm wrong, I apologize.