Old 26-04-2007, 06:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default My day in the garden Or the newest don't try this at home

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:12:41 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Ouch! I may now paying (on completion of job only) my 14 year old son for
the heavy work.

Cheryl

Actually, I paid two women from the garden club ten dollars an hour,
cash, to weed last year. They did an okay job, but didn't pull out
the root so everything doubled in weeks. Mark will do the digging out
of the ornamental grasses. I can't keep up with those any more. The
dwarf fountain grass reseeds like a maniac. I probably should save a
few plants and make dozens of gallons of it to sell the the garden
centers. One plant would make 50 divisions and I have at least 50
full grown plants. The other grass Mark dug out for me over the
weekend is the eastern gamma grass. Holy cow does that reseed, and
it's big and thick and sharp and meaty.

Ann, how much longer should I wait to send you the brug and datura?
Pretty soon it will be very hot here. They will survive several weeks
inside in a sunny window. Want some fountain grass! Hahahaha.