Old 26-04-2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.gardens,atl.home,repairs
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Roundup or Weed B gone or...?

Portland Oregon area.

I need to kill a lot of weeds in a 24' x 16 ' rectangular bed quickly
and then replant by
15 May with both seed plant seeds and starter plants.

Vecause of illness last fall, I didn't get te weed fabric covering on,
so I have more weeds
than I can shake a stick at.

These are going to be veggies.

After the weeds are killed, 'll shoveling on 62 Cu. Ft. of composted
grass clippings and dried
brown leaves that have been "cooking" for about 4 - 5 years.

The compost and the dead weeds will be rotilled in before new plants are
introduced.

Weed B Gone?

Roundup?

Other ideas?

(Don't say hand weed. Not an option. Remnants of heart issues fom last
fall.)

TIA.