Old 26-04-2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mitch Mitch is offline

Default Work, Work, Work

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:50:43 -0400, "Hud"
wrote:

I didn't realize how much work it is to put in a small 5'x8' garden! The
hardest part was stripping the sod and turning the big, heavy chunks of clay
soil with a shovel.

Yeah, I remember putting in 2 4'x8' gardens when we lived near
Cincinnati...the clay was sooooooo heavy.

Not as bad here in northern Illinois. I have a big garden now, and I
use a little Mantis tiller to get it all done.