Old 26-04-2007, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Aphids on Roses

In article
,
William Rose wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article ,
"Patsy Brown" wrote:

I remember reading some method to control Aphids. What should I use on
my
Roses?

Thanks
Pat

If you cannot afford to purchase a couple of pints of ladybird beetles,
my mother used to make a strong tobacco tea out of a pack of ciggy's...

I suggest that you go dumpster diving (ashtrays, public and private) for
cigarette butts (wear gloves). No since in making those drug-pushing
killers any richer. Did you know that there is enough nicotine in one
cigarette to kill you? Fortunately, most of it is destroyed in its'
combustion. But if you could get it into your veins, bye-bye baby.

With that in mind, don't use this on anything you will put in your mouth
unless you plan on spitting. This is strictly for ornamentals. Probably
for ornamentals that you won't smell.

- Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Mom only used it on infested rose greenery... and it worked.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.