Old 26-04-2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default Hydroponics

On 4/26/07 5:47 AM, in article ,
"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote:

There is no magic involved. You can use buckets, pipes, rain gutters,
whatever.

Actually, I just found a product called WaterFarm by General
Hydroponics. It costs $50, and includes everything, including
nutrients, growing medium, and pump. Doesn't seem like too bad a
price. I already have a light and support frame.

I recommend that to people. It gets their feet wet, so to speak. You sounded
like a bit of a tightwad, so I did not suggest it.

I have two strings of Water Farm buckets and one string of various buckets
configured like a Water Farm. I found that by the time I got everything
together, I did not save much over the General Hydroponics equipment.

The one problem I have with these strings is that there is very little
circulation of nutrient. You will not have that problem with a single pot.
The concentration and pH can vary from one pot to the next.

Bill
-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.