Old 26-04-2007, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default Chrysanthemum Help Required

Dave Hill wrote:
: On 25 Apr, 19:23, "Robert \(Plymouth\)" beachcom...@ultimate-
: anonymity.com wrote:
:: This year I am trying some incurve chrysanths as well as the sprays I
:: usually grow. Can somebody tell me if these should also be stopped
:: as per the sprays please? Many thanks
:
: I think you want to know about stopping the plant to bet 3, 4 or 5
: stems, then the answer is yes (and don,t forget to root the stem you
: cut off and grow it as a single stem plant.) though I don't know the
: stopping dates as they vary from varieties and location.
: This site may help you
: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/i.payne/cultural%20tips.html What ever you
: do DON''T remove the crown bud, that is for sprays, for
: blooms you remove all but the crown bud.
: If you dis bud down the stem, then if anything happens to the crown
: bud as you are working you can always take a lower bud on even if the
: flower is not of the quality of the crown bud it's still better than
: nothing.
: David Hill
: Abacus Nurseries

Thanks