Old 26-04-2007, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Dogwood deathtrap

wrote in news:1177624525.124254.237500
@s33g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

I bought a new townhouse in May 2005. A freshly planted dogwood
flowered and died that summer. The builder replaced it with a new
dogwood tree the following late spring.

It died within 2 months.

Mid-November of 2006, they planted ANOTHER dogwood. As of this
writing, it has not even begun to sprout leaves, much less flower
buds. I scraped a tiny piece of branch, and it is moist and green, so
I assume it is alive. I have no idea why it has yet to begin to do
its stuff.

All of the other plants in the immediate area are doing just fine.
Can anyone think of what the tree thinks it is still winter?

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

What zone are you in? What is around the Dogwood? How much are you
watering it? Did it come in a ball or a pot?