Old 27-04-2007, 12:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default ASGAP Autumn Plant Sale

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

1 Ajuga australis (Austral bugle)

what colour's it? i love ajuga. i'm going to get black ajuga when i next see
it. it's lovely.

Dark green foliage (not quite as dark as the black one) and blue bugles.

personally, i think trees in lawns looks tops!

but i'd want more in a garden than a bunch of stuff plonked in a lawn.
perhaps i am misunderstanding your description though.

Hard to describe. A few large specimens in sweeping lawns look great, but at
least part of this garden includes (small, I hope) trees planted less than 5m
apart. Maybe it will look like a grove? The new rainforest beds are
excellent, I think -- they will look like they've always been there as they
run out from the front boundary. The problem is the shrub beds at the back.
They are long curvy shapes -- fun for kids to run around -- but they don't
*connect* to anything -- not to the house, boundary or any other pre-existing
feature -- they are just, well, plonked there. Full of spectacular and
well-cared-for plants, certainly, but unconvincing somehow as to design.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue