Old 27-04-2007, 01:52 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Aussie environment destruction

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

on a positive note, many people are waking up to better ways to do things
here, and it's a learning process that i believe is almost at critical mass,
but essentially are hindered by a few things (see jonno's post) but mainly
our godforsaken dickhead gobshite ****knuckle federal govt, who have now
decided it's a top idea to drain wetlands so that people who already waste
water can waste even more of it. i could just scream (in fact, sometimes i
do!)

Oh good. I'm not the only one who thinks that killing off inland fish and
bird stocks for the sake of crack-brained irrigation schemes is ridiculous.

When I heard Honest John saying that we'd have a crisis on the Murray-Darling
if there wasn't rain in the next 6 weeks, I wanted to throw up. I suppose the
public servants Didn't Tell Him About It (TM).

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue