Old 27-04-2007, 01:42 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default Removing objects from bottom of pond

"DavidM" wrote in message
After a storm we lost a potted plant and a couple of bricks into the
deepest part of the pond. I can't think how to get them out. The net does
not work and I cant seem to hook the plant basket with my wire hooky
think. I'm not brave enough to slip on the speedos and go prodding round
in the sludge.
Any ideas to tips?

Buy a cheap pair of waders at the local Sporting Goods Store. Then drain
down the pond and remove the items that fell in. And like BoyPete said, if
it's that full of sludge it may be time for a complete drain down and
refill. :-)

Sludge can go anaerobic I read and start producing toxic gasses that are
harmful to pond life.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.