Old 27-04-2007, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Sticky pots, or should I say bags!

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:04:52 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 4/26/07 5:57 PM, in article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

And what gardener here wouldn't do the same. The only reason I wouldn't is
the ground is frozen!

Still? You must be way up there in Cow Hampshire G

Nah - cold, but not frozen.

BUT - a few years back, one of the big box stores had those boxes of plants
out in November for cheap money and if hadn't just snowed, I'd have loaded
up. There were lots of lilies in the assortment and I've lost all of mine to
those damned red beetles.

What red beetles? The Japanese types? Shoot. I never grow Asian
lillies. Even if they are eaten I only spent (put price here so I
don't incriminate myself) and they are aleady in the ground, greening
up and have growth from just last Saturday.