Old 28-03-2003, 07:44 PM
spampot

Default Question about sun for lilies of the valley

I have lots of LotV which I intend to consolidate and let spread. I
also have a rectangle about 3 feet wide and ten feet long between my
boxwood and a stone sidewalk, facing the morning sun (straight east, in
fact). I know LotV likes some shade; is this rectangle a bad place to
put them? There are tall evergreens across the street from it, about 80
feet away, but between, say, 9 a.m. & noon, the rectangle gets full sun.
Advice? If not my LotV, what then? I'd like something that'll look
nice all year, so will go w/a ground cover and spring bulbs if that's
the right answer.

Also, has anyone tried planta genesta in zone 6b? I'm in Maryland,
between Baltimore & Washington.