Old 27-04-2007, 07:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Aussie environment destruction

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

on a positive note, many people are waking up to better ways to do things
here, and it's a learning process that i believe is almost at critical
mass,
but essentially are hindered by a few things (see jonno's post) but
mainly
our godforsaken dickhead gobshite ****knuckle federal govt, who have now
decided it's a top idea to drain wetlands so that people who already
waste
water can waste even more of it. i could just scream (in fact, sometimes
do!)

Oh good. I'm not the only one who thinks that killing off inland fish and
bird stocks for the sake of crack-brained irrigation schemes is
ridiculous.

When I heard Honest John saying that we'd have a crisis on the
Murray-Darling
if there wasn't rain in the next 6 weeks, I wanted to throw up. I suppose
the
public servants Didn't Tell Him About It (TM).

:-)))) No, his very highly paid Advisers (who are neither elected or Public
Servants so cannot be made in any way accountable) would have seen the
advice and made sure that Howard knew about it but didn't actually see a
piece of paper. When and if Howard is questioned he can very truthfully say
that no such advice ever reached his desk.

Howard is probably the most hardworking, diligent and vigilent politician
this country has ever had but he is also one of the cleverest. He is the
master of the very careful wording and because Australians don't bother
listening or analysing what he says he keeps getting away with it and our
stupid press don't call him on it because they don't analyse what he says
and how he says it. All positively puke making.