Old 27-04-2007, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Four Main Factors Causing High Cholesterol

On Apr 26, 9:17 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On 26 Apr 2007 15:09:28 -0700, Frank wrote:

On Apr 26, 3:58 pm, "DWW" wrote:
Where do you think the cholesterol in herbivores comes from in the first
place? It sure isn't from their diet. I.e. you can eat no meat or dairy
and still have high cholesterol.

Like you say, the human body manufactures its own cholesterol from
fat.
And, it does not have to be animal fat as vegetable fat works nearly
as well.
It is not enough to be a vegetarian. You have to eat low fat too.

Frank

No argument there. However, your body manufactures the good
cholesterol not the bad.

I'm not going to research this and draw my own conclusions but
chemically all cholesterol is the same:
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.co...structure.html
The difference between HDL and LDL is the lipoproteins that it travels
with.
(Not sure I would believe stuff in rest of cited website - I picked it
because first slide is correct).

For my part, with diagnosed angina and needing stents. I will do what
doctors say and keep away from a lot of animal fat, take Lipator and
lose belly fat. I got plenty of exercise and cholesterol ratio was
favorable but I still got blocked coronary arteries.Doctors blame my
poor, sainted mother who died of heart disease at 65.

Your comment in other post is correct that you can get balanced
protein from a wholey vegetarian diet. You just have to eat protein
from different vegetable sources as vegetable protein is not a
"complete protein", i.e. contains all essential amino acids as does
animal protein.

Frank