Old 27-04-2007, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Sticky pots, or should I say bags!

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:47:11 -0400, Ann wrote:

No, Vic, we have these wonderful fingernail polish red lily beetles
some idiot brought into Wellesley, Mass back in 1994 and have spread
exponentially since. I lost a wonderful species lily collection to
them (I don't use chemicals, and was working fulltime during the
invasion, I didn't have the time to keep up with the little feces
covered larvae). So far I still have them, they'll also eat hosta
(not to the point of death, thankfully) and fritillarias.

Oh Hostas...I miss Hostas. They are eaten to the nub down here with
the snails and slugs. Also, in summer they melt no matter how much
water I gave them. It was ridiculous, so I stopped growing them. I
even tried them in huge containers.