Old 27-04-2007, 11:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default ASGAP Autumn Plant Sale

"Chookie" wrote in message

The problem is the shrub beds at the back.
They are long curvy shapes -- fun for kids to run around -- but they don't
*connect* to anything -- not to the house, boundary or any other
pre-existing
feature -- they are just, well, plonked there. Full of spectacular and
well-cared-for plants, certainly, but unconvincing somehow as to design.

hm, it sounds so. it sounds awfully 70s, even!

mind you, i am having a heck of a time working my garden plans out (it's all
about me, you know ;-) & am trying desperately not to make mistakes like
that but i'm just worried :-) i have good aesthetic sense & know if
something is "wrong" or "right", but only after it's there, never before. it
is making me crazy tbh. i'm making a bed extension, with a blue theme, & now
i've done most of it, something's wrong with it but i don't know what, nor
how to fix it, & i can't imagine if it may be better when the rosemary &
lavender are bigger, or not. i have looked in a bazillion books to learn
what looks right & wrong, but, i just don't know about this.

good garden design is harder that we allow.
kylie