Old 27-04-2007, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Garden banter

On 27/4/07 09:12, in article ,
" wrote:

snip

Copyright doesn't have to be stated to exist. Just about everything
one writes is automatically copyright and this applies to newsgroup
postings as much as anything else. However because of the public
nature of newsgroups it's accepted that their contents are fairly
freely quotable without infringing the original writer's copyright.

At least this is my understanding.

I think we all know that is the case but what some of us object to is the
freeloading for commercial purposes. They're 'stealing' other peoples'
knowledge, information, experiences and using them to promote their own
interests and they haven't even asked if they may do so. It's shabby and
greedy, as are those who endorse it, not that many here do.
What is interesting is that on the home page there is this:
"The comments are property of their posters. "

I often wonder what would happen if someone here gave such bad advice that
it wrecked a Gardenbanter reader's garden. Who would the victim sue -
Gardenbanter, obviously.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk