Old 27-04-2007, 02:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Removing objects from bottom of pond

I have done the scuba thing as well. It happens that I have a wet
suit, so I don't have to fork out the cash each time. Our pond,
however, is only 2' deep for most of it, so I only need the suit for
the 7' deep well area. Once a year I put on the snorkel and mask and
gently cruise the pond, looking at everything from a fish eye view.
My kids think it is a scream to have dad snorkel the pond. It is fun,
however, and does let me understand more about the pond that I can
from the surface. We have some significant juniper overhangs and
rubble for hiding in that can only be examined from under the surface.

Jim