Old 27-04-2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
aj aj is offline

Default Identify this weed??

I have had my fair share of crabgrass, so I know what it looks like,
and when it sprouts in my area (July). This sprouted already
(April). Also, this grows vertically, whereas crabgrass grows
horizontally.

Ortho Weed-B-Gon is the product that kills this stuff.

On Apr 26, 8:31 pm, John Bachman
wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:03:19 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

wrote:
aj wrote in news:1177626734.241405.309440
:

This weed just came up in my yard in South Jersey in the past week.

I know for a fact that it is NOT crabgrass or nutgrass. Can anyone
identify it?

http://www.bookac.com/Images/weeds1.jpg
http://www.bookac.com/Images/weeds2.jpg

The weed only shows up in one of my side yards. Ortho effectively
kills it. I am just curious as to what it is. Thanks!

How do you know it's not crabgrass? That's the first thing I thought of.

http://tinyurl.com/2jg8t2

Me too. Which Ortho product did you use and did you follow the label
instructions or improvise?

John

Where are you located?- Hide quoted text -