Old 26-04-2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
R M. Watkin R M. Watkin is offline

Default Aphids on Roses

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Patsy Brown" wrote:

I remember reading some method to control Aphids. What should I use on
my
Roses?

Thanks
Pat

If you cannot afford to purchase a couple of pints of ladybird beetles,
my mother used to make a strong tobacco tea out of a pack of ciggy's...

Hi All,
The only trouble with tobacco tea is that it kills the good insects as well
as the bad. Plus the fact is is bad for your health that is why it fell into
dissuse in the last century. Hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
Nicholson