Old 27-04-2007, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cam cam is offline

Default Weedy Area

On 26 Apr, 21:05, "
wrote:

Louise if it is a small area, don't use weedkiller, just cover the
entire area with old carpet or anything that will keep out the light
and all your weeds will die.

Totally off-topic, but is this a good way to approach a large weedy
area in general? I am about to tackle a new front garden with a view
to laying a lawn - two patches of soil about 6ft by 15ft. They were
dug over last summer and are now a riot of weeds. I have been advised
to dig out all weeds by the roots but there must be hundreds of them
and I was dreading it... How long would it take to kill the weeds by
covering them up?

Cheers,
cam