Old 27-04-2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default Why do "dandy lions" get such a bad rap?

I like dandelions myself. The roots can be roasted and ground as a coffee
substitue, and the root can also be used to make a magenta dye. The flowers
can be used for wine(really wanna do that someday...I'm such a 'alky-frolic'
that it takes me 9months to drink 3 20fl oz worth of vodka/fruit juice
drink), and as already mentioned, the shoots/green leaves can be used in
salads and have health benefits.